Hi folks! I just put up this page because I'm probably going to use it for general messages and links related to this Covid, online world, we are living in. Generally, I'm pretty tech savvy, but I have much to learn about teaching this way. I hope you will forgive me for the mistakes I am sure to make. That should also make you feel a little better about my attitude toward YOUR mistakes! But don't take advantage, we still have to, you know, *learn* stuff.
Anyway, thanks for coming along for the ride with me! I'll do my best to make this simple, understandable, and doable. Keep an eye on this page as I throw things up for both Academic and AP World History.
I don't plan to get too cute with all this. My goal is to use the fewest apps possible to meet our goals.
1. The HUB will be the main place to go for assignments, announcements, what's coming up, and resources.
2. Teams will be our place to meet routinely as a class, and also for you schedule individual or small group meetings with me (if you haven't gotten enough of my face!). I'll also post recordings there of past intro type lectures about assignments or class content in case you miss the regular meeting.
3. AP students will access the College Board AP Classroom from time to time. I'll let you know.
4. Not really sure yet about how I'll use this 12 year old site, but I probably will - more on that later.
I'll post percentages later, but there will be three categories.
1. Class work: Most of this will be small quizzes that you will to during the Teams meeting.
2. Formative: Quizzes in a bunch of different formats including Projects that you will do with a group - relax, these will be generally brief and you won't get stuck doing other people's work.
3 Summative (Tests or Essays) that will be "Free Response Questions (FRQs). Not much multiple choice in this world my friends!
Managing Your Time
I know,*snooze*. But check this out, as you prolly know, it's much harder, and much more critical in the pandemic/online world to get control of you life. Trust me, this is about easier, not more hassle.
The only way this year with me is going to get hard is if you loose track of class meetings and assignments. Here are some thoughts from my experience going back to the age of dinosaurs.